December 16, 2009

Constant Reminders

It has been a good week. Yes there was the first official snow storm dumping over 8 inches of snow on us. Yes there was the constant barrage of "holiday goodies" (for the love of pants, will someone please get all the fucking cheesecakes out of the freezer?!?!) Yes I was only able to make it to the gym a couple of times this week. But we are under 50 days, 7 weeks left and then it's sun and sand. That is what I focused on. The morning after this post, my wife asked me if I really wrote the calories on each kiss. I said, "you betcha!" She then asked if it was because I wouldn't be able to remember that each kiss was 23 calories. I do have shit for memory, but that's not the reason. The reason for me is that I want to know every time I pick one up and see that 23 on there, I know what I'm putting in my body. I need a constant reminder. For the last 35 years, I haven't really been thinking, I've just been eating. There are consequences for everything I eat and each 23 I see reminds me of that. There were days when I had trouble eating to my full calories. One night we were even able to go to a burrito place and have a fat ass burrito and chips. But I had to do the research first and get all the calorie info figured out and I kept track of what I was eating and I logged it all. I was low on calories that day, so that granted me the opportunity to splurge a bit without going nuts. My goodness, only 7 weeks left. We are over half way done! It seemed like an eternity away when this started 8 weeks ago and it will be here before I know it. Keep your eyes on the prize Fatty Boom Batty, you are almost there.

Current Weight: 307.5
49 days left

No comments:

Post a Comment