December 10, 2009

Tis the Season

With all the recent snow that's been dumped on us, I got into the office early this morning to avoid any traffic. As I was booting up my computer a couple of people from my department were delivering some holiday goodies to every one's desks before they got in. Every single person in our department go a 22 oz container of chocolate drizzled clusters of almonds, pecans and popcorn covered in an "amazing glaze." It looks like one of those fireworks that fires off 160 shots, but instead it's chocolaty popcorn "glazed" goodness. 20 servings per container, 160 calories per serving. If I ate the whole container 3200 calories...Half the container 1600 calories. They are bringing the war to my front door. These containers were put on every one's desks. It's like driving to your AA meeting and seeing a bar advertising free shots. The tests just keep coming. Being couped up for the past 2 days and all the snow and stress of this time of year, it would make me feel better to rip into this canister like there was a million dollars at the bottom. But would it though? My mind is telling me that it would. My addiction is running on all cylinders, trying to get to me crack the seal. I have a measuring cup in my desk (don't ask) so I could easily dish out a serving or two. Could I stop at a serving or two? I pick it up in my hand, it's heavy, must be all the calories. It's heft reminds me that I'm trying to decrease my heft. Focus on the goal, the sun, the sand, the comfortable 8hr plane ride, not crammed into the seat like some overstuffed pillow stuffed a cubbyhole. I'm not going to lie, it's tempting as fuck, but I will refrain (for now). Nice try, but not this time.

55 days left

1 comment: