December 29, 2009

Runnin' Man

I had to workout during my lunch today since we had plans to attend a local college basketball game tonight. It was the first time I've worked out at work in a while. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't looking forward to it. I've been so spoiled at the gym by using the elliptical, that I wasn't really looking forward to getting back on the treadmill. But, ya gotta put the work in to see the results, so I jumped on the treadmill again. One of the reasons for not liking the treadmill is that I tend to get shin splints about 5 minutes into it, so I can't go as fast as I'd like. Not today. I hopped on and did all but 5 minutes of the workout on 3.5 speed. Let me just explain that the last time I was working out on the treadmill, the fastest I could go was 3.0, then the shin splints would start and I'd have to scale it back to 2.5 or even 2.3. Not today! I was at 3.5 almost the whole workout and it was very comfortable. Not one shin was splinted, I felt great for the 2nd workout in a row! I felt so good that with 3 minutes left of the workout, I was about 85 calories away from hitting 600, so I bumped the speed up to 5 and ran the last 3 minutes!!! That's right, you heard me, I fucking ran...and it wasn't a light jog, I was running, like someone was chasing me and I could have kept going for longer...it felt that good and I hit 600 calories for the workout. Guess there has been a little progress! Now the true test will be to see if I can walk in the morning. Right now I still feel pretty good. I'm even planning on hitting the gym in the morning BEFORE work to get one last workout in before weigh-in tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how that goes, wish me luck!

36 days left

No comments:

Post a Comment