December 30, 2009

What's Next?

Hawaii is only 35 days away, but what happens after that? I plan on continuing the journey, but what goal can I have after Hawaii?? I think that if I can be working towards something, I do better at staying committed to the goal. So what's next after getting back from Hawaii? I was talking to my Bestie the other night and he mentioned a 5 mile run on Memorial Day. I have to admit, I'm intrigued. I think it's definitely attainable within the time frame. That would give me roughly 5 and half months to get ready (that's a little over 19 weeks or 137 days from today). If I stay on track with the weight loss, another 19 weeks would be another 38lbs; if you add that to the weight I've lost so far, that would be a little over 62 lbs. I'd be around 262. Could my body handle running 5 miles? It's not a marathon, but it's still a chunk of miles to run. But I think it's definitely do-able. It will give me something to focus on after Hawaii and I don't want to lose the focus cause I'm starting to see results, which just gets me more motivated. So I've got to keep moving and the challenge of running 5 miles will keep me moving. I'll have to think about it, but let's get through the next 35 days first.

35 days left
or maybe 137 days left?

No comments:

Post a Comment