November 24, 2009

What?!?! Where am I???

I think I might have the equivalent of Workout Alzheimer's. Tonight's workout was a prime example. After the last workout, I was dreading going to the gym tonight for another 45 minute session that felt like 10 hrs. I fired up the iPod and got to going. Surprisingly, tonight was much better than before. I clicked right into the rhythm of the workout and jammed to the tunes pumping into my ears. I shut my eyes and just went. It seriously felt like five minutes had passed and I checked the timer; I was over 32 minutes in! I only had 13 minutes left. Then it's like I was 90 and went to the store and forgot why I was there. The final 13 minutes felt like 45. I couldn't get back into rhythm to save my life. The iPod wasn't even a safe port in the storm. But I hammered through it and finished. I guess I'll take that the whole workout wasn't like the last one, just the final few minutes. I'll consider that a win.

71 days left

No comments:

Post a Comment