November 25, 2009

I know, I know...

I know what I know, but sometimes I don't want to know it. Let me explain. Today is weigh-in day. We are officially 10 weeks from Hawaii. This morning I was down 2 lbs. 5 weeks in and down 10 lbs. I know I am right on track; 2 lb per week average. Believe me, any loss is a victory and I know that. I don't want to sound like a super sweet 16 debutant bitching at daddy that her new BMW is silver instead of red. But I was hoping to be a little further along after 5 weeks. I had grandiose plans that I could average 5 lbs a week and I'd be at 25 lbs already on my way to 75 lbs lost by Hawaii. I also know that is unrealistic. A boy can dream, can't he. I know I'm doing the right things and getting this locomotive of mine on the right track, but there is still part of me wanting more. Maybe, that will come once I get momentum going. I know this is going to be a long journey. I know that it won't stop in 10 weeks when we are in Hawaii. I know there is no easy way to lose weight. I know that if it was easy, I would take it for granted. I know that I've been here before after dropping 85 lbs and I did take it for granted. I know that I gained all 85 lbs back plus an extra 15 lb for good measure. I know that 2lbs in one week is good. I know that the slower it happens the better the chances of it staying off. But does it always have to be such a fucking struggle? Don't answer that, I know the answer.

Current weight: 315
70 days left

No comments:

Post a Comment