November 26, 2009

Thanks and such...

Random thoughts on this Thanksgiving...

I have been blessed by many family and friends, although I need to be better at staying in touch with all those people in my life that have helped out along the way.

If you are reading these ramblings and keep coming back, thank you and tell a friend.

I'm thankful that there are only 45 calories in a serving of turkey.

Do I need to count the calories from communion at church this morning?

I'm thankful for the elliptical at the gym, I've finally found something that I look forward to getting on at the gym.

I'm thankful for the CONSTANT testing (even on Thanksgiving) that I face personally by way of personal interactions, food set in front of me and the ability to see it for what it's worth and having the patience to get through it.

I'm thankful that there is a goal that being worked for in this process. But I also know that this journey will NOT stop in 69 days when we leave for Hawaii. This is a road that will be my road for a long time.

I'm thankful for the 2lb a week average I'm on and realizing that this is the ONLY way to achieve this, there are no short cuts or quick fixes.

I'm thankful for having enough family on both sides to be able to eat twice today.

I'm thankful that weigh-in was yesterday and I've got all week to rectify the damage I'm about to do.

May your Thanksgiving be filled with warm food, warm friends, warm laughter and elastic in your waistband. There are things everywhere that are blessings, you just got to see them. Now get off the computer and go spend time with family/friends!

69 days left

No comments:

Post a Comment