November 11, 2009

Seeing the forest from the trees without running into a tree....

There are pros and cons to having a 20+ minute drive into work every day. It gave me time to reflect and calm down about the weigh-in this morning. Up 2lbs. And what is even more frustrating was that when I got on the scale and saw the number, I thought to myself, "well it's only two pounds." Seriously, what the fuck?! Am I not taking this seriously? I feel like I'm putting in the work-outs, why else am on on the treadmill every day, fighting through the shin splints. It's not fun. Trust me there are other things I would rather be doing, but I know I have to do it. Mornings like this morning just frustrate the shit out of me. As I drove into work I processed and thought about the big picture. It's not an overnight change and I know that and I also know that I'm not going to lose 10lbs every week. I need to focus on staying on course. But it's easy to get pissed and quit. I left the house this morning and didn't bring my workout stuff. The easy road is so appealing to me. If you don't try you can't fail. If you don't fail you don't get frustrated or hurt. There is a Langhorne Slim lyric that I just love:

"There's no road to follow, only stone left unturned. You must play with fire in order to get burned..."

What I take from that is you've got to put yourself out there, lay it on the line. Don't take the easy road. So I hit a pothole. Change the fucking blown tire and get back on the interstate.

Also, the long drive into work also allowed me to talk myself into picking up "McDowell's" for breakfast. Hey, I'm not perfect.

Current weight: 320.5
84 days left

1 comment:

  1. I KNOW how you feel. I am glad to know you had time to reflect on it this morning--I am so proud of you. You have come along way the last couple of weeks on the journey! Hugs and Kisses

    ReplyDelete