November 30, 2009

Breaking the habit....

Not being well versed in communicating my feelings, I tend to be a stress eater, or a pissed off eater, or a I'm-having-a-bad-day-so-I-deserve-chocolate eater, any way you cut it, I eat. Yesterday was a prime example. Since we have found the equipment at our gym so much more effective than the elliptical (or as it should be called, the clothes drying rack, since that's what we've been using it for) we have in our basement, we were looking to get rid of it to free up a little space. My Mother-in-law said she'd take it so I tore it apart to be ready for delivery. We loaded it up, drove it over there and then proceeded to try and put the damn thing back together. About 10 minutes into trying to re-assemble it, I was sweating like I had just gotten off it after working out. What was I doing you as? Merely just bending over and screwing some screws in. So right off the bat that frustrated the shit out of me, there is no need to be so out of shape that you sweat like a whore in church, but I was. THEN the damn thing wasn't going together as seamlessly as it came apart. In the process of assembly, I smashed my thumb and slammed my shin so hard I thought I might need to lie down and check my shorts cause I thought I might have shit my pants it hurt so bad. Needless to say, I was on DEFCON 4 and about to have an aneurysm. We finally get the fucking thing together and I walk out to the kitchen to wash up a bit and there, in all it's glory, is a package of 0re0 Dbl Stuff cookies. Immediately, the guttural, primal response kicked in and I tore into the package and started to double fist the chocolate goodness. It was glorious, I think I had 0re0 crumbs in my eyebrows. I was like a great white shark coming up on a floating sperm whale carcass made out of chocolate and cream filling. Bite. Swallow. I might have even done an alligator death roll on a couple of the poor bastards. I was pissed and I needed satisfaction. Then I snapped out of it. Hands still in the sink under the water that was running. The 0re0 package sitting on the counter untouched. The old Fatty Boom Batty would have eaten to make myself feel better. But not now, the calories aren't worth it. Maybe something is starting to stick. I'll take this win.

65 days left

No comments:

Post a Comment