October 30, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Today went a little better than yesterday. I think I was trying the hammer in a screw. Earlier, I was talking about priorities and making working out a priority, as it should be, but you also have to be able to take what's given to you and make it work. I was trying to do too much. I'm not saying you sit and wait for it to come to you, or that you need to kick down every door. There has to be that sweet spot that is right in the middle of both. There are times when you can force it and grab it by the nuts and take it where you want to go. Then there are times when you have to go with the flow and enjoy the ride. This whole process in a completely new way of thinking for me. I do have to be motivated since there are only 97 days left, but I can't get frustrated when it doesn't always work the way I think it should. It's a delicate balance and I'm still trying to get used to it. The main thing is I've got two days of good workouts under my belt and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's workout. I've got to realize I can't hit the treadmill and run 5 miles. I also know that I can't hop on there and stroll for 15 minutes and call it good. Main thing is doing something. Have I done everything possible today to help me in this battle? Not as much as I'm going to be able to in just a few weeks if I keep this up. I'll get there.

97 days left

No comments:

Post a Comment